sc. Predrag Valozic, Polytechnic of Zagreb
paper the purpose of an electronic workplace for students
and educators and the expected outcomes and benefits will
be described. The development of electronic workplace as a
new virtual environment where students can find the appropriate
tools, i.e. data and applications that enable them to collaborate
virtually to meet their educational goals will be conceptualized.
An experiment with the electronic workplace implemented in
laboratory environment was performed. Description of the solution
and results achieved will be presented, and certain experiences
The following topics will be addressed:
1. Why and how to set up an electronic workplace.
2. How to organize an electronic workplace.
3. How to optimize the cost of the solution.
4. The didactic aspects of an electronic workplace.
5. The tradeoff between general purpose and dedicated software
6. How to interface various software applications.
7. How to choose and integrate different objects in the multimedia
8. User activities vs. automation.